Rejuvenate Yourself & Shine at Work
School Social Worker Supervision Group
Next Summer Session: June 2023
You're exhausted. Burned out.
You see the immense need of your students and school community.
You're desperate to not feel isolated as the lone social work voice in your school.
You don't have to feel depleted - you can feel excited and energized instead!
Good supervision with someone who gets it can make all the difference.
We've been there. We both needed good supervision in the early years of our career.
We definitely had mediocre supervision. Some that was downright bad.
And some experiences with supervisors who were truly invested in our development and success.
Our mission is taking clinical supervision for school social workers to the next level.
Our priorities are quality, consistency and accessibility.
Our group is structured so you can get the support you need without disrupting your busy school day.
We combine cutting edge skills and and authentic conversation with a place to learn and practice your technique.
You get a revolutionary combination of personal support, important content, and clinical skill building.
Our work is firmly grounded in anti-racism, diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
Don't spend another school year doubting your social work skills.
Join Shannon Ott, MSW, and Bethany Raab, LCSW, ACS, for a career-changing group experience.
You'll be surrounded by your peers. Join other school social workers as you up-level your skills, confidence and impact.
You'll learn from two Colorado social workers with a combined 32 years of experience working in schools and with children.
Together we'll tackle topics including
- Special education assessments
- Working with families
- Mental health and behavioral interventions
- Gentle and safe discipline
- Infusing equity and justice into your school
- and more!
Only 7 seats available. Reserve your space today!
Registration closes on 5/25/2022.
All The Tools You Need To Build A Successful
School Social Work Career
Your Group Package Includes:
- Eight hours of interactive virtual group work with Shannon and Bethany.
- Four 2-hour virtual group supervision sessions, equaling 8 group hours total.
- Investment of only $400 for 8 total hours of group supervision.
- Convenient morning sessions so you can still take full advantage of your summer break!
- 2023 dates TBD
- Complimentary support between sessions via email
- Curated handouts and online resources to help you continue your learning long after your group.
- One year of access to the Colorado LCSW Supervision course and writer's vault, which includes:
- Five Leadership Tools that Every Social Worker Needs
- Demystifying Collaborative Documentation E-Book
- What to Say When: A Communication E-book for Parents of Tweens & Teens + Mini E-book Course
- Sex in Session Checklist: Talking Comfortably with Teens about Sex
- Sample DAP note and psychosocial questionnaire
- Case conceptualization forms
- Supervision hour tracking sheet
- Mindfulness & Stress Reduction Activities & Resources
- Burn out prevention and support
- Coming soon:
- Activity Pack to Help You Ask Your Employer to Pay for your Supervision
- Fourteen Days to Open Your Private Practice Course
- How to Create Meaningful Buzz: Get the Right People Championing Your Work Course
- Sex in Session Course
Meet Your Instructors
Shannon Ott, MSW
Shannon has been a school social worker since 2006. She spent 16 years as a social worker in the most diverse elementary school in the Cherry Creek School District. Her students and families speak 34 unique languages and hail from 50 countries around the world. She brings a deep understanding of and dedication to diversity, inclusion, equity and justice and practices through a multicultural lens.
In 2022, Shannon moved to an Assistant Principal position in an elementary school in Aurora Public Schools.
She’s an expert in IEPs, 504s, student behavior plans and excels when working on a multidisciplinary team. She is a trusted leader both in her school setting, and on district wide leadership teams.
Shannon’s educational background includes an Educational Leadership Certificate from Regis University (2019), a Master of Social Work with a focus in High Risk Youth from the University of Denver (2006), and a Bachelor of Social Work from the University of Iowa (2005).
When she’s not at school, you can find Shannon hiking, camping, and traveling with her family and friends. She’s a mom to a young son and a much-loved aunt to her nieces and nephews. She’s a diehard Iowa Hawkeyes fan and will forever cheer for the Kansas City Chiefs, no matter how long she lives in Denver.
Bethany Raab, LCSW, ACS
Bethany has been a child and adolescent therapist since 2006. She has worked in residential treatment, day treatment, inpatient psychiatry, emergency services, and outpatient therapy clinics, exclusively serving children and teens throughout. Her therapy practice is focused entirely on the unique mental health needs of children, teens, and young adults. She brings a deep understanding of and dedication to diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice and practices from an ecological and feminist multicultural lens.
She’s an expert in child and adolescent development, healthy sexual development during childhood, offense specific therapy to address problematic sexual behavior, and providing individualized psychotherapy to youth and families. She has worked on interdisciplinary teams throughout her career and has found school social workers to be one of the most important members of her clients’ support teams.
Bethany’s educational background includes a Master of Social Work with a focus in Organizational Leadership & Policy Practice from the University of Denver (2006), a Bachelor of Social Work and a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice from the University of Sioux Falls (2005).
Bethany earned her LCSW in 2010 and her Approved Clinical Supervisor status in 2019.
Outside of work, you can find Bethany gardening, hiking, and traveling with her family and friends. She’s a mom to a wild and wonderful toddler and a much-loved aunt to her nieces and nephews, too! She’s a lifelong Colorado Rockies and Denver Broncos fan and will never let Shannon have any peace for loving for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Registration Closes TBD 2023
Only 10 seats available, grab yours now!Schedule Your Intake Call with Bethany Today!